Send Fax with 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by efthimis, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efthimis

Hello,

Is there any way to send fax with 3CX. I know that i can receive a fax but i want to send also. For example i want to have may fax clients and the users send from their PCs fax through 3CX. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Faxing is possible to some degree, but it depends on the connection you have. You did not indicate it.

In your case, you are looking for a desktop to fax solution with 3CX serving as the gateway. There is no supported fax server other than the inbound 3CX server. You might want to look at the attached -
    http://www.3cx.com/support/fax-configuration/ for more into. However, you might be better off looking at a more traditional implementation.

3. efthimis

Thanks for answer.

I am not interesting about traditional faxing (with fax analog device). I want to use FoIP. Is it possible?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

FoIP is possible, but not in the way you suggested - from CPU through 3CX, so the answer remains the same...No. Outbound faxing is not supported by 3CX in any configuration.

FoIP is highly dependent on a reliable and stable internet connection. As most connections are not (reliable) and even fewer are managed end-to-end, the T38 protocol was developed to try and ease some of the issues. Unfortunately, 3CX only supports T38 via the fax server extension, not on user extensions and only on inbound calls. There are some who have reported good results using the G711 pass-through codecs on user extensions, but these may use something other than the Internet (PRI perhaps) as a carrier or may have a highly controlled end-to-end connection.

Most of the ATAs support T38, but they lose this when going thru a user extension on 3CX; hence why most are used in a standalone mode. Even then, T38 requires a SIP provider who supports it and while many do, some are better than others. Almost universally, they will put in disclaimers that while they support it, they don't guarantee it.

5. efthimis

Ok, thanks.

In the link that you sent me (http://www.3cx.com/support/fax-configuration/) there are products like GoldBolt FaxSkape that supporting fax client and FoIP. Have anybody test these products?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.