Send Text message TO a SIP Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smithbrothers, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithbrothers

I have been running the 3cx system for quite a while, and I love it! Suddenly I have a need to be able to send a text message to the phones. Is there a way to do this with 3cx? Or another 3rd party piece?

I do NOT want to send text from the phones, just receive messages...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

http://www.switzernet.com/people/emin-gabrielyan/070403-sip-invite-cancel/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I'd just stick to using the Call Assistant Chat.
    I've tried something similar but the flood of sip messages caused some phones to crash.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The problem is that it is not well supported by the endpoints. I am curious what the application would be that would require you to have this functionality when I don't think any other PBX system has it.

5. peterbunn

You would have to have a program that turned txt msg's to SIP IM msg's. The 3CX PBX doesn't do instant messaging.

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Sip Text Messages is not a feature that many phones out there have. I even have doubts if there are any that officially support such a feature.
    From the moment that you have a phone that does not support a specific feature, how is it possible for us to implement it?

Surely there is a workaround to this, there is a way to send Sip Messages to a Phone but it sometimes requires a big amount of Sip Messages being sent to the Phone it's Self, but i've seen some phones crash when receiving too many Sip Messages.

I have an idea on how Instant Messaging would work, and i'll give it a try myself and i'll let you know about the results.

7. rlanier

Any progress/updates to this?

Is there a way this could be incorporated into the Chat function of the newly improved 3cx client?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.