Send Voice Mail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jimboy Cabillo, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimboy Cabillo

Hello,

Is it possible to send/leave a voice mail to multiple recipient's phone/extension number? Yup, you red it right. Sending or leaving voice mail to multiple recipients over the phone and not on the email.

It is something like picking up an audio file (e.g. .wav, .mp3) and listing down the recipients numbers then finally shoot it to them.

Would it be possible with 3CX Phone System v9 and a Skype for SIP Trunk?

I appreciate every help.
    Thanks!
    Jimboy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Short answer no

Long answer, sort of. You can record the wav file and drop it into the voicemail folder for each extension on the pbx. Not recommended but it works.

The bigger question is why would you? By voicemail?

Are you trying to leave a message for a group of people internally? E.g. sales staff? Then why not create an extension or DA or Group with that message and they dial into it to listen?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jimboy Cabillo

@Mark Shehan

Do you mean there isn't a way on how to make this possible at all? I'm not sure if its right to use the term Voice Mail because my plan is shoot a Voice Message on individual phones and not over the mail.

What you mean here is to record the Voice Message and drop it in the extension's (My Extensions) VM folder right? I don't have an idea yet about setting up this thing.

We have Offices, Clients & Employees on a particular country and around the globe that communicates with each other, currently by email, IM and on-time calling. We already have IP Phones used to call each and other centers. I want to setup a new system that will provide us a flexible communicating experience. For example, I want to shoot a message in to several managers and instead of sending them an email, I'll just record a voice message and shoot it to their corresponding phone extensions/home numbers/mobile numbers.

I hope you understand what I want to accomplish.

Thanks!
    Jimboy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.