Send Voicemail as Email Attachment

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LCC, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LCC

LCC

I just did the upgrade from 12 to 14. I did go to 12.5 first. Everything is working except i am not receiving voicemails via email attachments. I do have a paid license. THe only thing that changed is I do not have a FQDN and it forced me to install on Abyss. That is the only change. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you confirm that the option, in one of the extensions affected, is still set for this? I can't see why it would change....but

3. LCC

LCC

I did confirm. And it is a global issue. All previous extensions that had been working are now not working, and the options are all checked for these options.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are any emails being sent? What if you were to change an extension to only send notification of a message.

I'm just wondering if something has changed that has affected 3CXs ability to send.

5. LCC

LCC

Good thought. I tried and notifications aren't going out either. The email box is working. I can manually log in and send and receive emails. I am at a loss.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I realize that this post is dealing with much older versions, but, the third entry mention a log to check. That file/directory may be re-named in version 14 but shouldn't be too difficult to find. It might help with determining what is causing the issue.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/voicemail-to-email-does-not-work-18229.html

You might also try taking out, then putting back all settings related to email. There may have been some corruption introduced in the transfer process.

Another thought...could it have anything to do with the licence? Do you have any sets that use a "standard" Message Waiting Indicator (lamp)? Does that work? Normally, in the "free" or unlicensed version, it won't.

7. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Do you know how to do a wireshark capture?
    If you could install wireshark and run a capture when trying to send a welcome email.
    That we we could see if there is some SMTP communication issue going on.

If you could either PM me or attach the capture to the post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. 12494

12494 Member

Have you verified the smtp mail server settings?

Can you successfully send the Welcome Email?

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. LCC

LCC

MWI works fine. Good thought. Thanks. I have the licenesed, paid version. It's a PBX in my house so the complexity is minimal. And this was working fine BEFORE the upgrade. So frustrating.

10. LCC

LCC

I'll do that as soon as I get a free moment. So frustrating this was working fine until the upgrade.

11. LCC

LCC

Nothing has changed since the upgrade, and I did re-enter all valid SMTP settings and credentials.

12. 12494

12494 Member

And I repeat -

Can you successfully send the Welcome Email?

Allen

13. LCC

LCC

I get an exception error. unable to connect to the remote server. Very interesting. BUt that gave me a thought. My internet provider blocks port 25. I added designation to communicate on port 80 to my smtp settings and that did it! Thanks all! Not sure why that setting did not ome over when I restored. I am getting old...

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So..... was the port set to 25, or 80 in the old installation? If it had been set to 80, does that mean that 3CX did not correctly pass on the "correct" setting from the back-ups? Or, did you change providers while all of this was going on?

It would be a bit of a concern, if the setting had managed to change itself between installations.

15. LCC

LCC

it was set to port 80 for years. Had this problem years ago and had done that. I used a backup from right before I started the upgrade and assumed all settings were carried over, so I never even thought that might be the issue. The port 80 setting did not carry over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.