Send Welcome Email not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jam_man, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jam_man

No email gets sent, however does seem to work intermittently.

Is there any way I can generate the attachment by an alternative means so I can manually send it?!

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi jam_man,

Please let us know what smtp server or mail account you are using.(own domain or gmail) In case you used your own mail server you could try a gmail account followed by this link. https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/gmail-mail-server/
    Also let us know what version and OS of 3CX Phone system are you on?

3. Hayssam Berro

I am having the same problem, i tried the above mentioned solution, no luck
    so far i tried Live SMTP with my hotmail account, Gmail SMTP with my gmail account and outlook.com SMTP with my outlook account
    is there any way to send them manually> i tried as well going to to ext and send welcome message nothing work

4. andreaschr

Hi there,

If you press Test do you get any error messages?
    Is the machine Hosted somewhere, if yes where?

5. Protemig

Dear, I have the same problem, by clicking the send email welcome button, no event happens. The email is configured correctly and clicking the test button is successful.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Protemig

Good afternoon! The configuration is according to the link that you forwarded and when I click on "Test" the system displays a green stripe with "Email Sent", however, when I click extensions and send welcome email, no information is displayed and In the e-mail box, no e-mail arrives, that is, the e-mail is not sent. The button is not working!

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Check spam - Are you sure it is not in spam?
    If you see green button, then your email and smtp is 100% OK. The email must be going.
    What you mean the button is not working? This button does not show dialog box. It just sends email so do not expect confirmation dialog. You press and email goes.
    Clear cache of browser again to be sure in case of button press issue and try all tests again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Protemig

The spam box was checked. There are no emails in the spam box.

10. AH2

AH2 New Member

Same issue here, Installation test works with my own servers, or even mailgun servers, but after configuration, welcome emails wont send. If I configure a gmail account and enable the app pass it works, so I added my own domain @email.com on my gmail account and gave it permissions to send email as, used that configuration on 3cx on the field from: and voila! ... I know its not the ideal thing, but this it's what I've been able to work with on every installation.

11. Protemig

Hello! I did not understand how to do this, could you help me?

AH2 likes this.
  12. AH2

AH2 New Member

Hi,

1. You need to enable sign-in using Apps on your gmail account https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en
    2. Then you can add your own @domain.com account as a "Send mail as" account. Gmail > Settings > Accounts & Import
    3. On the From: field on 3cx email settings you put your own @domain.com.

Cheers.
    AH

13. Protemig

Hello,

My account is already Gmail, it's a G Suite for Work account.

I still do not understand

Hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.