Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sending a Call Straight to Voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bornea, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bornea

My office use a Polycom phone and we can send calls to parking orbit and transfer but we cannot figure out how to transfer a call directly to a voicemail. The idea being if someone is busy and not on the phone but we would like to leave a message on their machine how would the recptionist be able to transfer the call directly to that persons voicemail.
    Would appreciate any help that you can provide.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It was *4+Ext #. Does that not work?

3. bornea

We have tried that and it has not does the call need to be in a Parking Orbit before it can be done? Otherwise could the setting be changed?

4. bornea

When I try it says feature not avialable on 3cx free edition. Do we need the liscence to transfer straight to voicemail?

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The brouchure only shows it is not available in MyPhone to Divert to VoiceMail.
    We use Transfer *4 xxxx Transfer just fine on Yealinks. The functionality is build into 3cx so it shouldn't be an issue with the phone - unless the transfer key is not working properly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bornea

I have tried to transfer to voicemail using this feature but it does not work I go into the transfer command and enter *4111 which is a basic voicemail and I get a recording saying "This feature is not in 3cx free edition please contact.." so perhaps I am simply doing it wrong if none of these is the problem.

7. gschwab

gschwab New Member

You did "activate" your 3CX install with the DEMO license key they emailed to you right?
    Maybe try re activating it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I finished a v9 to v11 upgrade, and the *4<extension> functionality to "transfer to extension's voicemail" no longer functions.
    I keep hearing "use MyPhone" but I could not find a way to perform the function we need.. only transfers to an extension, not their voicemail.

Has the code changed? I'm looking at another v9 system to see where it may have been specified in settings to see what I can find in v11.

Okay.. advanced settings..
    VMAIL, Vmail dial code.. = *4 on v9.
    On v11.. still says *4.. but doesn't work now.

I tried on our "own" v11 system.. works fine. We've upgraded from v8 through v11.. go figure.

As always, appears to be the "upgrade glitch woes" again. Seems that upgrades fail somewhere. Yay.

9. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

There are features not available in free version 11, that were available in all other versions of free 3cx. You may want to revert to at v10, or v9 and see if it than works if so its not available in v11 free verison. You will either want to activate demo license or purchase a commercial license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.