Sending a DID directly to an Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by coreybrett, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coreybrett

I’m having trouble setting up a DID for an extension.
    If I configure the DID to go to a DR, it works great, but if I change it to go to an extension, I get my VoIP providers voice-mail system immediately when calling from an outside line.

When I look at the server activity, it states that the phone rejected the call.

I’m using a Yealink phone that has been provisioned from 3CX.

I’m running the free version of 3CX v10.

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Is the problem only with that particular extension, or to all extensions?

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

What is the reason your phone is rejecting the call? maybe posting a server activity log will help. Also I'd check to be sure that phone isnt set to DND though I'd assume it would go directly to the 3cx vm if thats the case. Also double check with your VoiP provider to geta packet capture and be assured the call is hitting the sysytem. It just sounds odd that the call would be rejected by the phone than go to the VoIP providers vm.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. coreybrett

@mixig – Yes, does not matter which extension I choose

I am attaching a log file with 4 calls.

The first call was placed with the extension’s phone un-registered, and was forwarded to the extension’s voice-mail.

The second call was placed with the extension’s phone registered, and the call was rejected by the phone and the provider’s voice-mail answered the call.

The third call was placed after changing the DID’s destination to a different extension. The behavior was identical to the second call.

The forth call was placed after changing the he DID’s destination to a DR and it worked as expected.

I have this same DID setup on another system using the paid version of 3CX. I am wondering if this has something to do with paid vs. free 3CX.

Attached Files:

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

With regard to the log. The first call is as you say...sent to VM.

The second call is indeed rejected by the callee phone. Is it possible that the phone has DND on? Normally, having DND on, the system treats as a busy and will send on to Vmail ...if set.

YOu are correct about the 3rd call being handled the same as the second.

I cannot confirm the handling on the 4th call as I see where it gets to the IVR, but not where the IVR subsequently routes the call to an extensiion. I see another external number, but this does not appear to support the same scenarios as above (reaching an internal extension), other than gettig to an IVR.

It assumed that the phone are indeed registered and their status is available and that the rules are set to allow (extensions not disabled, can make and receive calls, etc). That internal calls from extension to extension are fine. Correct? I suppose it possible that a difference between paid and free could be the culprit, but the brochure showing the limitations does not call this out. in fact, it shows it as supported for both.

YOu might try and reset the phones to factory default and then manually provisioning them with the latest firmware if not already and then with a single account and minimal configuration and trying. It appears that the phone is rejecting the call, not the system. You should also ensure that the firewall checker passed and you might try "PBX delivers audio". I am guessing here, but I suspect that the phone is not seeing any RTP streams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.