Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sending a fax thru the 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giovanni0826, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giovanni0826

i have a ht-502 device with one of the phonelines connected to my fax machine. i can't seem to send a fax through the 3cx. any one offer assistance?

2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Just to share with you.

The following setting can send/receive T.38 FAX.
    - That extension in need to disable PBX Delivers Audio
    T1/PRI <----->PATTON SN4960<----->3CXBOX<-------->PATTON SN4114(FXS PORT)<------->FAX machine
    (It should be prefect match if all device are Patton)

and

T1/PRI <----->PATTON SN4960<----->3CXBOX<-------->HT503(FXS PORT)<------->FAX machine
    - That extension in need to disable PBX Delivers Audio
    - Works at FW 1.0.0.5
    - All FAX calls will drop if FW 1.0.0.9.

Since I haven't HT502. Therefore, I cannot tell you it works or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. giovanni0826

thanks for your reply. but i'm using the patton device. i have it set as the following...
    VoiP Provider ---> 3cx ---> ht-502 ---> Fax machine (the FXS port is set for pass-thru). i can't get it to function. but when i take the 3cx out of line it receives just fine.

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Please try to disable PBX Delivers Audio at both extension setting for HT502 and Provider setting under "other options".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.