• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Sending and Receiving SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sar2

Platinum Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello team,

I have had a few requests to be able to send and receive SMS text messages for both mobile and desktop softphones. I know the SIP provider must support the technology but would be nice if 3CX has the ability to process that info.

Thank you.

Upvote 17
Vitelity has an SMS option that works with their SIP DIDs and really has nothing to do with the PBX. It is SMS-to-Email and Email-to-SMS. Our customers really like it.

Allen

We are trying to incorporate DID-enabled texting back and forth through 3cx for our individual sales reps but don't know where to start (new to this). With the svc provider, I assume? Will we be able to indicate CID info on the individual mobile devices back & forth if we register that with svc provider?

(Not sure about webclient capabilities.) Will 3cx webclient even be able to handle this? We would like to track activity/productivity through webclient if we can. Any expertise appreciated.

We are not interested in another application to augment 3cx/DID numbers from service provider. We are a rather bare bones operation and bought 3cx bc we were told it was robust and could handle this. How far are they from actually implementing a solution? Any guesses/employee assurances?

thanks, y'all.

Reactions: JWillScott
+1
Outgoing SMS messages would still require some kind of gateway configuration.

Gateway? Why not make it part of the Provider Template?
ie: Twilio. Just a few lines of code and voila.

Gateway? Why not make it part of the Provider Template?
ie: Twilio. Just a few lines of code and voila.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. But are you saying it's simple (relatively) for Twilio to receive an SMS message and display that message on a 3cx extension?

If so, can you PLEASE point me in the direction of how I'd even attempt to configure this?

Many, many thanks in advace

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICT BE Peleman
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.