Sending Caller ID in v12 SP6.1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by complex1, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Are there made some changes in sending Caller ID in v12 SP6.1?

3 out of 4 PBX’s are stopped sending Caller ID to the VoIP provider after upgrading to SP6.1
    The PBX which is still on SP6 does not have this issue.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What provider(s) are you using? What caller ID is being presented?

3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi leejor,

Thank you for your reply.

For all PBX’s I am using the same (White label) VoIP provider who allows me to send my “own” Caller ID’s.
    I have nothing changed in the PBX’s only updated them from SP6 to SP6.1

As I mentioned before: Only the PBX who is still running on SP6 does not have this issue.

The phone number is setup in the Extensions settings > Other > Outbound Caller ID.
    I have checked the VoIP Provider Outbound Parameters if they are still the same and they do.
    Also checked if the Outbound Caller ID field in the “Other Options” is still blank and it is.
    Even if I setup this field with a phone number the callee sees “Anonymous” in this phone screen.
    So my conclusion is that the 3CX Phone System does not send a Caller ID in SP6.1 anymore. Right?

And again: I don’t have made changes in settings or whatever, only the update to SP6.1

Maybe you or somebody else, 3CX Support perhaps, will check this on your system(s) to verify?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

My copy of version 12 is, unfortunately, not connected to my VoIP provider, so I'm unable to verify. I I would think that if this were a bug affecting everyone that upgraded, then there would be a lot of complaints along with a quick fix.

Have you done a Wireshark comparison of outbound calls from both systems?

5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi leejor,

I have submitted a support ticket.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.