Sending Faxes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JohnHenry, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHenry

Hi all,

I'm only a whisker away from getting approval to purchase a copy of 3CX for my company. One thing i need to be certain of before this happens is the process of sending faxes.

I've read that 3CX no longer supports sending of faxes directly (quite why im not sure given it has done by the looks of it). My question is that we have 4 fax lines which are important to our business and thus we MUST be able to send faxes.

At present, i believe 3 of these lines come in through ISDN to our current phone system and the other through a standard analogue line. The normal analogue one is fine, i can just route this outside of 3CX directly to a fax machine, but those going into 3CX must have the ability to send faxes.

Can I use a Grandstream HT701 attached to a standard fax machine to send faxes? it says it supports T38 and faxing but I need to confirm this before I can go ahead with anything.

Thanks

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I recommend to all of my clients to keep analog lines seperate from 3CX or any VoIP solution. It can work not impossible however I personally advise against. Inbound fax to PDF is fine but still I'd keep those analog lines sepereate for fax and can also be used in case of outage.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Strider

Hi

I use VoIP-Unlimited as our SIP trunk provider and I can send and receive fax's by using Linksys SPA3102's and setting them up as fax extensions.

This setup has worked without any problems.

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

We can also confrim that this will work well if using VoIP Unlimited.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Viksn

Make your life easier) you can use online services to send faxes without all these machine stuff. For example, I use http://www.popfax.com/ and I'm really satisfied with it. Low prices and great service. You can also get a number, so you'll both send and receive faxes.

6. Ian Joyce

It won't integrate with 3CX but if they are strictly using VoIP and no PSTN Rockbochs makes a good solution called Faxxbochs.

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.