Sending mail within 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by steve.davidson, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve.davidson

I've tried and failed to setup 3CX mailing [e.g. for 3CXPhone clients etc.]. I am running 3CX version 12.

I have used the following:

smtp.tools.sky.com
    on port 25
    with SSL/TSL ticked - Get the Error: Server does not support secure connection.
    with SSL/TLS un ticked - Get the Error: SMTP requires a secure connection....The server response was: 5.7.1 Authentication required.

I've tried entering:
    smtp.tools.sky.com:465 [which is the correct port I use with Outlook]
    The sending email box in 3CX stays onscreen for ages and then, I get the Error: Failure sending mail. Unable to read data from the transport connection net_io_connectionclosed.

I've also tried the above settings with smtp.live.com as well.

Does anyone have any advice or could suggest an external smtp server that would work with port 25 and SSL/TLS. I'd rather not setup an internal smtp server.

2. Leonidas 3CX

3CX Support

Hello Steve,

Please make sure that on your PBX management console under Settings>>General>>Mail server you have entered your username and password. The link below provides information regarding the issue you are facing:
    http://help.sky.com/articles/get-emails-on-your-windows-desktop-client

Thank you,
    Leonidas

3. steve.davidson

Thanks for the reply but, I've already got my sky account username and password in the PBX mail server section.

The problem I have is that sky requires SSL so when I check this box in 3CX I need to specify the port as:

smtp.tools.sky.com:465

When I do this, 3CX hangs for ages when an email is sent and then returns the error identified in my initial thread. If I don't specify the SSL port [i.e. just use smpt.tool.sky.com] and un tick the SSL check box in 3CX, I get the "requires SSL connect" type error. All of the email accounts I use require SSL and therefore, I have to change the port in 3CX as described above. 3CX does not appear to like it when a port is specified. It appears to prefer to use the default mail port.

Thus far, I've not been able to get any emails out of 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.