Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sending [Recall] through to PSTN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by justin, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin

In Australia when a normal phone is connected directly into a POTS line and they are on the phone a little "Beep beep" is heard every 10 secs or so if another call is coming in and pressing recall on the phone will switch between calls. Is there any way to do this on 3cx with a SPA3102 setup as a PSTN adaptor? It's just I don't want the other call to just ring out when someone is already on an incoming call through the PSTN line (90% of outbound calls are routed thru the VOIP line). That or does anyone know of a way the SPA can be set up to accept 2 calls at once through the 1 PSTN line as I believe there are POTS phones that have 2 lines that can be used with the regular PSTN (Not 100% sure if there is special hardware or if they have to pay for this thru the telco however)

2. justin

I might add that when pressing recall on the phone at present it is sending the command thru to the ATA adaptor which just gives it another 3cx line. I'd be happy if I had to set it up in either my SPA3102 or PAP2 so that I had to press recall and then *1 or something to send the recall command to the PSTN line so that it switches between the lines like that.

3. justin

My VOIP line is $15 flat a month with unlimited calls (Actually their fair play policy limits it to about 3000 calls but thats about 2200 more than I'd ever make :p) The reason I want the call waiting for my PSTN line is it's just for home use, and as well as my VOIP number which I only got a few months ago, 95% of the people I know only have my PSTN number, which is why I want to have call waiting on the PSTN line. Like I said if theres some way to have 3cx send the recall command after pressing recall on the phone (which gets another 3cx line) and then pressing a button combination *1, *2 etc. to send the recall command to the PSTN line I'd be happy doing that :)

4. justin

How do you mean rollover? As in if you try to make an outbound call on PSTN line it goes to VOIP instead? I was only really concerned about incoming calls. If your talking about rollover on incoming calls I have no idea how I would set it up :p

5. justin

So kind of like a call forward on busy then...that could work but I'd still be interested if there is someway to use a key combination to send the recall key through because if the internet connection is in use (Only have 512kb/s connection cause internet is expensive as hell for what you actually get here in australia :( ) it causes a bit of delay in the VOIP call, even with QoS set up in my router :(

6. justin

Nearly the same here lol :p I pay $80 for 512k down and up It's a stupid rip off this country!

7. justin

Lucky us...home/land prices are sky rocketing :( I'd move over there if I got a job at Google...That looks like the best place to work :D

By the way, if anyone's reading this I know we've left the topic a bit but I'd still love to know how to send recall to the phone line from 3cx :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.