• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Sending/receiving .jpeg (photos) via Chat function not reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesnb

Free User
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This one thing bug me recently... We are using 2 iPhones (7+8), running latest iOS version.
3CX version is 16.1.6.106
PBX version is 16.0.9
1 phone on the same Wifi network which is the same LAN as the the PBX
1 phone on LTE network, or in priviate house's WIFI

We are using the Chat to send and receive photos, either taken by camera at the time or from the album
However, in our test, about 40% of the time we will have some photos skipped, the file just barely shows the letter-number in the name and there is icon look likes "archive" with a little cross sign icon on the right of the file's name, indicated the file is unloaded or not available....

Is there a way to improve this function, to make it more reliable to not miss any photos file?

Thank you for your help

Anyone???
After few more days testing, the failure ratio is about 50% of times sending a file (especially photos) it will fail to display on the recipient's 3CX app...
Why we are using Chat to exchange photos? Our colleagues work for an environmental-related organization and often enough, we had to take photos of the current conditions of soil, water, trees, etc... and send the photos to each other in the group chat. Even with the old (but stable?) version of the 3CX for iPhone and the PBX, it's less likely that we can rely on this Chat fucntion to send/receive the photos
Any tips or trick to improve the reliability is appreciated

Hello jamesnb,

On your 3CX dashboard page, go to Chat Logs. (if Chat Logs are not enabled, enable them and try to reproduce the problem you faced).

In the list of chats, take the chat where you detect the problem and click on it.
You will then see a detail of the conversation. Are the pictures missing there too?

Hello jamesnb,

On your 3CX dashboard page, go to Chat Logs. (if Chat Logs are not enabled, enable them and try to reproduce the problem you faced).

In the list of chats, take the chat where you detect the problem and click on it.
You will then see a detail of the conversation. Are the pictures missing there too?
@MichelA: Yes, I can see the file name (like E3B-7F95-411D-908C-6AD72360.jpeg) but that is everything... Nothing will happen if you click on the file. This including the file we received or the skipped ones...

Hello jamesnb,

I am sorry but I don't have any iOS devices to try and reproduce the issue. With the Android version of the app, I cannot reproduce it.

@jamesnb
For uploading: apart from unsupported file extension (case when the 3CX client will show you a message box with supported media types) the only reason for failure is file being too big - the PBX maximum file size for attachment is 16MBytes).

For viewing: tapping the image in 3CX client it only toggle message's datetime below, as for all messages. In order to view it, you have to tap the little button next to it ("arrow" for download, if not downloaded yet - "document" if already downloaded).

In case error persist, can you provide me by PM an account to your PBX and an image which fails on your client?

We also have a customer having this JPEG failure issue. I have tested it in our 3CX system and we get a 50-50 failure also. Is there any solution to this?

1622156641867.png

@mgreen@doctechaz
Can you please send me by PM one of those images which fails?
Thanks

@Vali_3CX: How about the photo that you took with your iphone camera?

We tried this, obviously, but is working, we were not able to reproduce the issue.
Can you send me the client' verbose log by PM?

In the following days we plan to release a new beta which has the upload/download attachments support rewritten for better reliability - so my advice is to subscribe to our TestFlight program so you can try it.

Reactions: ConceptsWeb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.