Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sent caller ID depending on destination

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by akito, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akito

Hello,

I have finally managed to be able to set a 'custom' CID. I have 3 phone numbers and I can pre-set any of these numbers as the CID. Now, what I'm trying to achieve is to have 3CX set the CID depending on the destinating country.
    Ie. calling to country A will use CID X and calling to country B will use CID Y so for example when people miss my phonecall they can call me back for their national rates. I thought I was able to do this by creating multiple VOIP Providers (even though that wouldn't be efficient) but I can't cause I can register only one VOIP provider with the same authentication ID.
    Using outbound rules, there were stripping digits and appending digits is allowed I couldn't find the solution...

Has anyone got a clue?

2. nbailey

nbailey Member

do you mean can the PBX auto detect the country and automatically pick the correct port? If so then no that is not possible.

you do have a few options that can work. For example if you are using a VoIP Provider you can setup outbound caller ID in the VoIP Provider settings then create outbound rules accordingly so if you dial the UK you would press 3 for the outbound rule and then the UK caller ID would be displayed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. akito

Thank you for your reply! Auto detect is not neccesary. Pressing a code before the number would be fine as well. Not sure though how I do that, but that could be since I'm crashing my brain on this for a while :p Could you give me some indications / directions? I'm using only 1 VOIP provider, that I'm using for every destination.

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/outb ... e-example/

basically an outbound rule is a custom parameter you set to tell the PBX which port a call should go, so if you have 3 providers setup you would do the following:

outbound rule 1: "Calls to numbers starting with (prefix)" use for example number "3"
    Route would be the provider you setup. And set it to strip 1 digit, ignore prepend.

so now if your calling for example "17772547854" you would dial "317772547854"

there is a lot you can do with outbound rules. There is also a good video on setting them up here:
    http://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/
    Good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. akito

Thank you once again :) But the problem is that I'm using only 1 VOIP-provider for my outbound calls. So far I know, caller ID's can be set in the extension as well as in the VOIP-provider settings (where you can 'hard code' the CID or read it from the extension). So I'm not sure how I would do this with outbound rules and 1 VOIP-provider.

6. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

NO need to strip numbers

we are based within the UK and for us to do what you want is as follows

prefix 01, 02, 03, 08, 07 Via Route 1 (UK Route)
    prefix 001 Via Route 2 (USA Route)
    Prefix 0049 Via Route 3 (Germany Route)

Use this URL http://www.countrycallingcodes.com/ to get the correct dial codes

7. nbailey

nbailey Member

Try what David mentioned, I misunderstood the question it seems. I still use prefix and number stripping in my outbound rules, call me old fashioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.