• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

sent fax from 3cx

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterX

Reaction score
hi,
in inbound i know as get fax and redirect at mail

for sent fax, how can i do? my server is 2008 r2;
please give me help , thanks

Sending a fax successfully will depend on several things..

A fax machine, or device, that can send at a low enough speed to work.
An ATA that supports t.38, and is configured properly.
A VoIP provider that supports t.38, or a Gateway that supports t.38

If everything is configured correctly, it might work. Fax over VoIP can be very hit or miss.

Do yourself a favor and dont do fax over SIP.

Use a https fax solution.

PM if you need help figuring out a direction.

leejor said:
Fax over VoIP can be very hit or miss.
Then I am very lucky. I am using a (low speed) fax machine, a SPA3102, a VoIP provider that does not support t.38 and I can make successful fax transmissions.
I think a good QoS setup and sufficient upload bandwidth is essential.

I've had luck using a fax machine though a 2102 ATA to 3CX then out on a PSTN line via a 3102 Gateway. However, if I try to receive a fax over a VoIP provider that has told me that they do not support t.38 (I always get a different story every time I ask them), it connects and keeps dropping in speed before failing.

my line fax is attach with line2 of my patton

can i send fax using the patton?

I've been able to send and recieve over a vitelity trunk using a Patton M-ATA, with no issues (other than screwing up my inbound routing the first time and getting frustrated...but that was configuration error, not a failure of the solution).

MasterX said:
my line fax is attach with line2 of my patton

can i send fax using the patton?

Are you talking about a Patton ATA or PSTN Gateway? In either case, if t.38 is an option, and set correctly, you have a good chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.