Separate greeting for each presence mode.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jwelsh16, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwelsh16

I know this is a basic feature included in most PBX systems, but I would like to know if you all plan to add separate greeting for each presence mode in 3cx, or is there some setting that needs to be enabled.
    Example:
    A user sets their extension to "out of the office" or "away", their greeting can be customized for each situation without having to record over the "available" greeting.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

this is in the idea factory on facebook with some serious interest... been up for a while with no movement (previous system too).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jwelsh16

YEA!!!!
    Feature finally added to Phone System 12 service pack 3

•Added the ability to change voice-mail greeting messages based on the status you’ve set.

Thank You 3cx Team

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

We have been fiddling.. but are not finding a good method to record these new greetings using a handset via the voicemail path.

I first thought you could set your status (either CTI or through VM, then the greeting you recorded would be for that status.. not so, it recorded for the Available status.

While I don't mind allowing web management access for that purpose, I have always preferred the "handset only" option.. for the sake of shop floor supervisors, the sales associate with no Internet at some airport, etc..
    Can it be done using just the handset, assuming that extension config is set for multiple greetings, etc?.. Or.. must you couple it with the web access option?

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I understand this is in continuous development to be able to do it from the VM menu...
    I noticed that giving the user management access for their extension allows many other changes I do not want to allow -like fiddling with mac address, hardware password, etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. aw_th

I was curious if their has been any progress in allowing users to change the voicemail greetings associated with different profile status’ via the handset.

I’m aware that it can be done via the Softphone software as well as via the 3cx phone system management console, but would like to allow users without the softphone to be able to change/associate the voicemail greetings to profile status themselves.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.