• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Separate Holiday Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned7077

Reaction score
Hello 3cx community,

I am just getting into configuration and testing 3cx to replace Asterisk and I love it so far. In our current Asterisk system we have a separate message when the company is closed for a holiday. Is there a way to do this with 3cx? From what I saw a holiday is considered the same as outside of office hours.

I have the latest V9 system running as the free edition but will be purchasing the software shortly.

Thank you for any information,
Ned

It is the same though there have been requests for new features. If you have a new feature request always go to http://3cx.ideascale.com

On saying that, there is a work around in 3cx - dummy extensions are your friend here.

What we advise our customers is to set up either a voicemail or Digital receptionist for the holiday message.

Then set up a dummy extension - set their out of hours rules to your normal out of hours Digital Receptionist and set the Custom2 (which is another out of hours set of rules) and set those rules to the holiday message extension.

Set your dummy extension to out of hours.

Then route your incoming call to the dummy extension. You can then switch the dummy extension status to custom 2 manually by the myphone, assistant or call the voicemail and set its status from there.

Hope that helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.