Separate Volume Controls for 3CX Softphone

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by mfairchild, Jan 6, 2016.

1. mfairchild

We request that in the next version of the 3CX softphone, controls be added for independently adjusting the volume of the ringtone, and the incoming and outgoing volume of the call audio. That is, our request is, that each of these three audio streams would have their own, independent volume controls. The free softphone, X-Lite Version 3.0, for example, perhaps eight years ago, had such volume controls, and it was quite convenient. It allows the user to adjust for different environments, and for changing environments, something I would think 3CX would want to make possible.

2. brendan.helsham

I've noticed on my PC (Windows 10, 3CX v14 Client) that there is a 3CX option in the Volume Mixer when the 3CX app is running. The problem is when you set a customised lower volume level so the ringing isn't too loud, this setting is forgotten when you close and relaunch the application; therefore you have to manually adjust the ringing down every time you restart etc.

Other apps, e.g. iTunes, remember what level the volume was set at between running and closing them.

Cheers
    -Brendan

3. AlexHeylin

Yes please - ringing tone stupidly loud when 3CX / PC set to correct volume for calls.