Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Separating web portal from call traffic

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bembel, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bembel

Hello

Is there a way to separate SIP/call traffic from the web portal? At the moment I need to run all traffic through our reverse proxy and decide on the requested URL if allowed or prohibited to not grant access to the management console from the Internet because the iOS and Andriod apps need access to the same IP address/port combination (but different URL) the management console is running on.

For me the easiest way to do this would be a different port/second IP address/addtional NIC or else for the web portal which is only used by myself. No user in the company logs on to the web client or the management console at all but if they would need to I could still route this traffic through VPN and not make it globally available directly from the Internet.

Is there a solution for this?

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bembel

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Yes, this is the idea. I didn't managed to achieve results in the described way, but should be working in general. Using different ports should be designed by 3CX, like using port 5015 during installation, probably it could remain for accessing web interface (or 80/443).

However if you admin password and webclient passwords are strong, the risk of hacking the PBX is extremely low, if you haven't modified the security settings of the PBX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Bembel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.