Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

seperate Phonebook for Extension Groups? (3CX 12.5)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Futureweb, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hey there,
    is it possible to have sperated Phonebooks for Extension Groups?
    I need seperated Phonebooks for some Departments ...
    Hope you can help me on this, thx
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2. IT Hamster

I'm curious to know this answer as well. So far I'll i've managed to do is hide a given extension group from the phonebook or block access to it, but not create discrete phonebooks.

There may be a way to do it through the provisioning template- change the path that gets used for the .xml file that is the phonebook- but that would be a lot of manual work and wouldn't update readily or respond to user input.

3. PhatPanda

Also interested, but more for two separate companies under the same ownership, on the same server.

4. wtrbhe

Same Problem here, need different phonebooks for different extension groups.
    We are on V14 Sp1.

5. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

I opened a feature request - please "Vote it up" and comment ...

http://www.3cx.com/forums/multiple-phonebooks-43231.html

Andreas

6. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

I think another more general feature might solve this:

Editing groups on bulk (multi select and edit). As fas as I know this is not possible at the moment. Of course you can manually go to the extension list an pick each extension (with STRG + Select), but if you have lots of phones, it is not really a practical approach. There is no way to filter or sort for groups and have a multi-select edit, or is their?
    This way you could add a BLF Key with a shortcut to a special phonebook, or a choose an adapted provisioning template just for this phone.

Is there maybe already a way to include the group as a parameter in the provisioning template and than use it to trigger IF statements?

If not, this would be a really great an mighty feature. You could add lots of code, which is specific for some groups.

Perhaps someone can comment, if those feature already are available and I just missed them. Otherwise I will add a feature request each.

Best regards Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.