Serious issues with 3CXPhone v12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ecs, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecs

ecs

I have installed the CRM Integration package. Although I have both ACT and Outlook, it appears I can only select one of those for auto-dialing. I need to be able to auto-dial from both.

With auto-dialing is enabled for Outlook, I select a contact to dial. Click on 3CX to dial the number. I have to wait a full 30 seconds before the phone on my desk calls me, what??, I answer, then I hear the phone completing the auto-dialed number. What? I have to press a key to answer my own phone before it will complete an auto-dialed call? And what about that 30 second wait before anything happens? Suppose a call center has 30 employees and they expect those callers to make 50 calls a day. That 30 second lag time plus having to press the key to answer their on phone adds up to 45000 lost second a day in productivity. Or 750 mins/day lost. Or 12.5 hours lost per day. Paying the callers $15.00/hour, that's $5,625 lost per month. In 4 months @ $22,500 lost, it is cheaper for the customer to buy a PBX system that doesn't have this problem then to continue using 3CX.

When I arrive in the morning and start up my PC the first thing I want to see is who is in the office, or Away, or Out of Office. I really don't need to see a black box with a number pad as if it is a phone. I have a very nice desktop phone. I have no use for a PC phone nor a prominently displayed keypad. To see where my people are at, I have to click a small icon in the upper right hand corner of this dialer. This brings up a humongous black screen that takes over my entire desktop. That, by the way, is not smart enough to remember the last size I made it. It opens up full screen every time. In that huge black box that is in the way of me doing anything else with my PC because it has taken over the entire screen, are three smaller boxes. One for Queues and one is Remote Presence. I don't use Queues nor do I have a remote office. So all of that is wasted screen real-estate. There is no way for me to customize it to bring in the parts that are important to me, like showing my voicemail, phone book, missed calls. So now I have 2 black boxes on my screen. One a quasi-phone I'll never use but have to have so I can click on "..." to see my voice mails. And the second huge black screen so I can see who is in the office. I used to have all of this on one small screen in a very well thought out productivity app called the MyPhone.

Once you find the feature to play back voicemail, when you select to listen to the voicemail on the PC, it doesn't just start playing the message. It automatically open a Windows "Save As" box. You have to save the .wav file somewhere, then locate where you saved it, then play it. v11 MyPhone just played the file.

Play recording does the same thing. You have to save the file before you can play it. Which doesn't make any sense because it is already saved somewhere on a disk. So now you have 2 copies of the same .wav file.

No standard TAPI interface to the standard Windows dialer? What? There are hundreds and hundreds of programs that use the standard Windows dialer. You guys just broke all of them.

2. rogueblackburn

For one, have you tried to change the extension's configuration to start up the phone "Presence Screen" instead of dial pad?

On the other points mentioned, I dare to mention that V12 is a release candidate, and as 3CX states quiet clearly in their blog under the V12 release information, not all features are fully enabled - yet. It is a bit annoying to get a new toy and not be able to play with it because this and that is still under construction, but soon we can all have a chuckle about that... i reckon

3. ecs

ecs

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have changed the setting so it starts up in Presence mode. But that screen is pretty worthless. It only shows a dot next to someone's name. It doesn't show what phone number or extension the employee is being forwarded to. And it doesn't list all incoming calls and who is handling the call. To get that information you have to "Show Presence information on Larger screen" button and now you have 3 black boxes on your screen where it used to all be handled by one screen. Not to mention the "Larger" screen comes up huge and you have to waste a lot of time resizing and rearranging it every time you use it. MyPhone showed all this in a single, reasonably sized screen that came up automatically.

Hot Key set up is not remembered. If you set hot keys. When you close the 3CXPhone and re-open it, the hot keys you set up are gone and have to be set up again.

Unlike the old MyPhone, when you copy and paste a number into the new "Dialer", and that number happens to have "()" or "-" in it, the dialing fails. The ole MyPhone was smart enough to strip out those extra characters before it tried to dial the number. So Now after you copy a number in to be dialed, you have to stop, reach for the keyboard and delete out those extra characters manually. Additional loss of usability?

Just tried dialing out of Outlook again. This time it took a whole 55 seconds before the dialer attempted to dial the phone.

4. rogueblackburn

The one is a softphone with presence display - all though limited, if one uses the smartphone app, that presence display is really useful. So far mine has remembered it's hot-key settings.

The other presence screen is - well, the old MyPhone part, where all calls and extension groups are shown. I can see queue calls, all incoming and outgoing calls on top, then see all the various extension groups and it's members. Each one of those windows can have it's properties changed (right click on the window title, check the options). In order so see and manage the members and calls of a group, one needs to be a member of this group with corresponding rights (3CX management console, extension group settings).

That the presence screen always starts up in full screen, perhaps not ideal, all though for some one watching over many groups and queues etc. you would want full screen any way. Can't comment on your delays when dialing our from Outlook, or the stripping of special characters, as haven't really gone down that road yet. Again, V12 = Release Candidate, I expect it to missbehave a bit, until commercial release.

5. ecs

ecs

On the main dial pad screen there are the initials CTI. Directly across from that are the icons for In Office and a "Q" for queue and then an envelope to check voicemail. I clicked on it and got a list of voicemails. I click on a voice mail and selected to dial that customer back. It dial and completed that call. Now, that's all that little envelope does. It calls that same customer over and over. It does not let me look at voicemail any more.

What I have done to try to fix this
    Removed and reinstalled the 3CXPhone app. No Help it still just dials that customer
    Removed it, restored my whole PC to a restore point 3 days prior to it's initial installation. Deleted all folders related to 3CX on my c:drive. Removed all references to 3CXPhone from the PCs Registry. Rebooted and reinstalled it. No Help. It still just dials that customers phone number. I can not get it to show me voicemail.

Short of formatting my hard disk and reinstalling everything from scratch or going back to last weeks backup, I don't know how to get this fixed.

6. rogueblackburn

I don't know how else to say this: 3CX PhoneSystem V12, 3CX Phone for Windows V12, 3CX Phone for Android V12, 3CX Phone for iPhone V12, 3CX CRM Module V12. Currently in a Release Candidate state. Like advanced Beta. Not all functions enabled yet.Wait for commercial release before you format your PC, or else use the current fully functional 3CX PhoneSystem V11SP4 for a live PBX.

7. aney

I'm sorry but "Release Candidate" is supposed to be almost "Ready to release" software with all functions implemented and no major changes unless something really wrong is discovered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Release_candidate

Isn't V12 still in beta stage rather than RC ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.