• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Serious Problem with iOS6... Please Help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anju_bkkth

Reaction score
i have been using 3CX softphone on iPhone 4 with iOS 5.11 then I upgraded to 6 and problem started. Phone will not ring if it is in sleep mode. But if I register and put on sleep mode it will ring if called within 2-3 minute. I am using Voip.ms so i can see the server registration which shows registered but still I wouldn't get the ring. This I have discussed in conjunction with voip.ms technical team. Today I updated apple's iOS6 patch 6.0.1 but problem still persist. Googling around suggest that in iOS6 persistent wifi connection has been disabled when phone goes in sleep. I was wondering if 3CX can investigate this issue and release an update. This is not an isolated problem, as we three close friend we all bought the iphone together and use 3CX, we have same problem. Our phone details are as follow:
Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: iPhone
Generation: 4
Firmware Version: 6.0.1 (iOS version)
Jailbreak: NO
Cydia Installed: NO

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: Soft Phone
Contacts:
Connection: WiFi
Server: External
=================================

After reading through forum, I reached to the conclusion that I should seek for TCP instead of UDP for SIP registration to get incoming calls in sleep mode (correct me if I misunderstood). I am wondering if it is the best solution out there os is there any better solution for it ?? I really love 3CX softphone.... is there any workaround. In between I will see if my voip provider support TCP.

I've got the same problem and have even gone so far as to create an account at pbxes,org to enable me to use TCP SIP registration.

the bad news is... it still doesn't work in background

Counterpath Bria For Iphone has the same problem as 3CX... so... it's an ios 6.x problem.

I'm trying everything, nothing works.

EDIT to my previous post

ok, after some effort I am able to have pbxes.org mitigate my voip.ms UDP SIP connection thus allowing me to maintain a connection in background via TCP SIP; in other words, i'm able to receive calls in background again. :)

I've asked voip.ms to accept TCP SIP connections and allow me to connect to them without using yet another service, but so far they seem to be reticent to do so; it seems there is a good deal of confusion when attempting to discuss signalling only being TCP but RTP still being UDP.

In any case, TCP thru pbxes.org to your UDP voip provider can work till all of this is 'fixed' by an ios greater than 6.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.