Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Server 2012 R2 VM with IIS forcing ABYSS on install

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by CptUnderpants, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CptUnderpants

I'm installing v14 in my test environment which is a domain network (no Exchange) on a new VM joined to the domain which has IIS already installed but when it comes to selecting which web server to use, the options are greyed out and ABYSS preselected. I wanted to use IIS.

Any suggestions as to why it would behave in this way and how to get around it?

Update: I've attempted the same install on a different VM on a different hypervisor on a different network connected to a different domain (still 2012R2 with IIS installed) with exactly the same results. Can't select IIS.

2. CptUnderpants

I have isolated the issue. It isn't documented in the installer but selecting "I do not have a FQDN" will prevent selection of IIS.

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It is actually mentioned in the V14 manual found here:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/

Specifically it says:
    "No FQDN - If you do not want to connect to the PBX from outside the LAN, you can specify a local IP. IP phones or clients can not be used outside the LAN. Abyss must be used as the web server."

4. CptUnderpants

It would be worth having it mentioned in the installer like many other installation notes are. I was doing this install during 3CX training and I asked the trainer. Even he didn't know why it wouldn't let me use IIS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.