• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Server availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

daktur

Reaction score
Hi all,

On a daily basis I have to restart SIP server services otherwise external extensions will not be able to connect to server.

Does anyone have the same issue or any workaround to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

A bit more information would be helpful.

What version 3CX are you running?
Did this issue just start, or has it been happening since the install? If it just started, what changed on your network at that time?
Are there any associated logs in the 3CX activity log when registrations fail?
Do all services show as running before you re-start?
Internal calls are unaffected?
VoIP provider registrations are still working?
Have you determined what time of day this happens, is there a pattern?

Hey Leejor,

I am not really sure when it started but here is the information:
- Running v14sp3
- All services show as running
- I am actually able to register from some extensions and not from others doesn't matter which network they are running on
- On the extensions that manage to register everything goes perfect.
- It usually happens on the "next morning" after i restart service and it restart running properly.
- No relevant logs about connections attempts.
- Once a restart SIP server it comes back up for the next 24hrs aprox.

Now that my installation is getting bigger it's starting to worry me.

Please let me know if any additional information is needed

You mentioned that external extensions are the ones with the issue. How are those extensions connected to the PBX? Are you using ip phones?

Yiannish,

All extensions are external and running 3cx softphone.

My server is located in Europe and extensions are mostly spread in South America and Middle East.

How many extensions do you currently have registering to the server remotely? Is the option Use 3CX tunnel for remote extensions enabled?

13 extensions and tunnel option enabled

It just happened and there is no information left on the logs but once sip server service is restarted it comes back up.

I have sent you a p.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.