Solved Server Error at console login screen

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by edokim, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edokim

About a week ago, I installed 3CX on Google Cloud via PBX Express, and had it running. This morning, when trying to login, I kept getting Server Error at the login screen. I tried logging in from a different PC, a different location, and from my phone (LTE). All gave the same error. The phones were working - calls could be made and received, but no access to the console.

I read that I should try SSH'ing and checking if the 3CX services were running, and if console service was not running, to start it.

Being new at this, instead I managed to restart the whole the VM. This resulted in the IP (ephemeral) being refreshed, and now I can't even the login screen when typing in my 3CX FQDN. I read that it takes a few hours for the DNS changes to propagate.

While I wait for the DNS to propagate, can anyone offer any advice as to why the errror happened in the first place? How to prevent and how to fix?

Thank you in advance,

Ed

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @edokim

Can you login to the web interface now? Since you restarted the server is very hard to tell what the issue was and why it presented since most logs are cleared after a restart.

3. edokim

No. Still cannot reach the site. The DNS change should have propagated by now; what can I do?

4. edokim

I did a NSLOOKUP and it is still showing the old ip. How to have the FQDN point to the new IP? I was under the impression it would be done automatically.

And, yes, I did flush the DNS (ipconfig /flushdns). I also tried accessing through my cel phone (via LTE), and still timing out.

5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The DNS entry will automatically update if you have the IP set to Dynamic. IF the IP was set to static you need to access the management console via the new IP and navigate to Settings / Network and under External IP Configuration set the option to Dynamic.
    Once you do restart all services from the management console and wait for the DNS propagation. Once it happens you can change the option back to static

6. edokim

Thank you. That worked.

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.