Server Error in '/' Application.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by natanel, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natanel

Hi guys,
    After the SP2 upgrade, I'm stuck with this error message when trying to access the setup panel from a remote computer in the network.

"Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /"

Please advise.

Thank you!

2. positron

Make sure your URL ends in "/management" instead of "/"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Instead we could see some menu on that / page:
    • management
    • MyPhone
    • IVR
    There is also my topic about this error...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. positron

Currently, I prefer there not be any information on the root web page, since it is necessary to expose the web site ports to the internet to enable 3CX phone apps to work outside the local network. If I can't restrict access to the management page to internal connections only, I would rather not advertise the links on the page.

5. aberry

aberry New Member

natanel, if you don't want external access to the management URL then don't forward the port that you use for the web interface through your firewall. Phones will work fine.

to positron, I had the same problem. My IIS was hosed by the upgrade. I had made a backup first though. I made a fresh VM, did a new install of 3CX, and restored my backup and everything worked perfectly. Turned a 30 minute downtime into a 2 hour job, but I figured it would be faster than troubleshooting strangeness in IIS.

6. positron

In the 3CX app (Windows/iOS/Android), the presence status, extension list, voicemail message list and other features require direct access by the app to the to the web port to function. It would be nice if this would use the tunnel port for external clients, but it doesn't. Unfortunately, this means the HTTPS port for the 3CX server has to be exposed publicly or these features don't work outside the local network, and most of the advantages of the app go away without these features.

7. Sopock

Sopock Member

then proposed "menu" page could be available on other port? That would be more useful on Abyss where (local) request on port 80 will result in menu page, while port 5000 can be forwarded if needed for other features...

Abyss can also be used for that root page even in case of IIS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.