Server Error in /Management Application

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tix6174, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tix6174

I get the follow error when attempting to connect to the Web GUI page the first time after installing v10. The windows management console also "throws an exception".

I don't know what else I can do at this point. Any ideas anyone?

Initally this was an in-place upgrade of a v9 system but got the same error. I then uninstalled 3CX and all dot net to reinstall each. Even after reinstalling .net 3.5 and updates and .net 4 and updates after another install of v10 I still get the same error.
    I then wiped the server and reinstalled XP from CD (new-install), applied all windows updates, .net 3.5 and 4 along with all updates. After this was complete I attempted to install yet again but recieved the same error message.

I've also tried installing on VMware with the same result. Multiple download retries of the v10 installer as well.

The stack trace is:
    ====================================================================================================
    Could not load file or assembly '3CXLicenseWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000001D
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly '3CXLicenseWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000001D

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly '3CXLicenseWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000001D]
    WebGuiInterface.Utilities..cctor() +0

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'WebGuiInterface.Utilities' threw an exception.]
    WebGuiInterface.Utilities.get_AvLAnguages() +40
    WebGuiInterface.LoginForm.ResetCombo() +144
    WebGuiInterface.LoginForm..ctor() +29

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Context.CreateLogonForm() +174
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Content.GetLogonForm() +253
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Content.ProcessRequest(HttpContext objHttpContext) +612

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
    Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Content.ProcessRequest(HttpContext objHttpContext) +3888
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +429
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; WebGui Version:4.0.30319.1

2. 3cx

3cx

Hello,

Can you please check your computer specifications from MyComputer -> Properties, mainly we need to know the cpu type.

Thanks

3. tix6174

Sorry it took me some time to get back to this.

The server it's running on is an older low-power P4-M 2.4 GHz 'white-box' system. I also did a clean install on a old old old P3 1GHz system I had as spare. Both run v9 without issue on XP and server 2003R2, but cannot run v10 without generating these errors.

I also installed on ESXi with 4 cores (2 sockets) 2GHz and had no problems. I'm going to try P2V of the existing system and see if it's a processor issue but I cannot leave it in VMWare.

I guess if nothing else, I'll go back to v9.... not that I want to.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can go to Version 9 but now it is about time that you upgrade these systems i think. What are you doing with Pentium 3's around you?

To be honest, I see Pentium 3's barely good to put in kids Kindergarden playhouses so they can use paint on it. Let alone using it for professional businesses or for your telephony and unified communications. In any case, we officially support 3CX to work on P4 and upwards.

The pentium 3 core also served as the basis for the core of the M processor - so this is probably why it is not working on the M computer.

However you also deserve a technical explanation of why this is failing so you understand the change that was made.

In latest version 10, we have some encryption added and this encryption is performed by specific CPU instructions. These instructions are not supported in Pentium 3 or old computers. Hence this is why the dll cannot be loaded.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. amparo

I have exactly the same problem. Did an in place upgrade from 9.x to 10.x 2 months ago and it worked until 2 days ago. I then applied a service pack through the management console.
    Apart from the windows management console, the log reporter won't start, backup tool doesn't start, the Web Management Console throws an exception.
    I'm running on an Athlon XP 2700+ 2.17GHz processor.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes probably it is incompatible too.

How old is this computer? Confirm that I am correct but probably we are talking about 9 years from 2002. Also this is just like a Pentium III. P3 and early versions of P4 were its competition at the time.

Can you display right click on my computer properties? We have a version of Version 10 you can download and go up to Service pack 1.1.

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem10.0.exe

Take this to 1.1 and stop there. Consider replacing this machine if you want further updates.

What you mention are the exact symptoms of the problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. tix6174

Thanks for the explanation Nicky.

I have this system providing phone service for a local non-profit of about 4 staffers at any given time. This is what they have.

I can't see the need to force them to purchase new equipment or hope that something more powerful gets donated when the current system meets their need, is power-efficient (power draw is equivelent to an ATOM-based system at 50Watts), and the CPU is not utilized more than 50 percent.

If they wanted to step up to all the features and do various transcoding between codecs it would be worthwhile I guess but keeping a system that has zero hardware cost and runs and out of the landfill is more important. It seems silly to force new hardware for the sake of new hardware.

I guess I will reformat this system and reinstall v9 until such time that we can upgrade or I find a suitable alternative.

In any case, I do thank you for taking the time to look at my question and provide a serious answer.

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Let me suggest the following:

Download this version
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem10.0.exe (this is the first version 10.)
    Update it to Service pack 1.1 and stop there.
    In my honest opinion, Version 10 SP 1.1 is much much better than Version 9. So it is better that you keep this system on Version 10.

In the meantime we have internally decided to try a second time and work on this to see if we can by pass this in some way.

If we manage I will update you and we can make a test on this machine.

If not I will advise you and you can decide what to do then

9. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If any one is interested we might have a possible workaround. Contact me on this and i will remote to your machines and try this out. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks and regards

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you guys are on Sp1.1, go ahead and update to the latest service pack. We updated the service pack to bypass this problem.

Let me know if you have problems. Thanks and regards

11. tix6174

Thanks Nicky!

It's been working great on SP1.1 I will try SP2 this weekend and report my findings.

I really appreciate you guys working on this, it means a lot.

Robert

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks - when you have feedback let me know also so I know we are on the right track. I had a 3 positives already from this. But the more I have the better because I do not have the hardware to test this. Thanks

13. tix6174

I can report that SP2 works on this hardware now. Also, it seems much faster than v9 or v10sp1.

I was also feeling adventerous and installed v10sp2 Free version on a VIA C3 800Mhz thin client testing with both a CF Card and 2.5 HDD. Works great there as well and no issues and with 2 concurrent calls CPU was 50% using G711 or G729. This might end up being my residential PBX replacing an Asterisk-based system once I get EWF working.

Thanks so much for working to make this version compatibile with this old hardware!

14. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thank you for your reply on this. Much appreciated.

15. Matthew Phelps

Here is the thread on the issue we are having.

16. Matthew Phelps

What there ever an official resolution to this "Server Error" when trying to login to the management console?

17. agp

agp 3CX Team

If you are on v15 then this thread is pretty much irrelevant to your issue since its 6 years old and goes back to v10/11 which have nothing in common with the latest version.

If you are getting Server Error in V15 first start off by making sure that all 3CX services are running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.