Server Error in '/myphone' Application

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jstottl, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jstottl

I've never been a huge fan of ASP and probably never will be. Having said that, I am receiving a "Server Error in '/myphone' Application" each time I try to log into the "myphone" website using valid credentials which is most likely caused by my ASP stupidity. Any help resolving this would be appreciated.

The exact error message states:
    Code:
    [UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\3CX\PhoneSystem' is denied.]
       Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str) +2116339
       Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity registrySecurity) +2120296
       Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey) +15
       myPhoneInterface.UserMain.get_InstalledPath() +53
       myPhoneInterface.UserMain.PopulateVoiceMails(String sextension) +43
       myPhoneInterface.UserMain.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +331
       Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +63
       myPhoneInterface.BaseForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +27
       myPhoneInterface.UserMain.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +2209
       Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() +181
       Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean blnIgnoreVisible) +404
       Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Control.CreateControl() +27
       Gizmox.WebGUI.Forms.Form.set_Visible(Boolean value) +168
       Gizmox.WebGUI.Server.Content.ProcessRequest(HttpContext objHttpContext) +2526

I am also experiencing another "might be a bug" that the forms do not seem to have addressed:
    When I go to the "Server Status" page and attempt to stop/start or restart services the system does nothing. I have to go through Microsoft Managment Counsel / Services to stop/start or restart.

The server specs are as follows:
    Win 2003 Server Enterprise Edition SP2
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
    IIS 6.0
    ColdFusion MX
    MSSQL Server 2000
    Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600
    4.00 GB RAM
    3CX Phone System 7.0.4249.0 Build 4249 (Free Version)

If I've missed anything, please let me know.

Thanks, in advance.

-john

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

HI

I fix shall be available for this in the next build. Meantime will asp our testing team to advice the manual fix procedure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

The problem here is rights - IIS does not have the necessary rights to be able to access and provide viewing to myphone website. Also ASP does not have rights to start/stop/restart services from the interface. These two problems you mentionned point to permissions problems on your machine.

Since the host machine is a server 2003 OS, then I would start troubleshooting by looking at the IIS6 configuration, mainly the application pools.

The 2 virtual directories ('management' and 'myphone') and the website 'IVR' have to be on the same application pool. in this case the application pool that has the rights needed to perform all necessary 3CX functions is the application pool we create in the installation called the '3cxApplication Pool'. Double check that this exists by accessing the IIS interface (Start/Run/inetmgr). You should see the 3cx application pool the moment you expand the application pool tree node.

Next confirm that management, myphone and Ivr are all pointing to the 3cx application pool.

Expand the tree node 'Default Website'. Inside it you should see a virtual directory called 'management' and another one called 'myphone'. Confirm that the 3cx application pool is assigned to both these Virtual directories. (There is a known issue in 3cx that in some scenarios, the 3cx application pool is not assigned to an application that resides under the 'default website' in IIS and leaves the application runing under the Default Application Pool.) Right click on myphone and click on properties. Click Virtual Directory or Home Directory Tab. In the Application pool list box, select the 3CXApplication Pool name to assign management to the Application Pool. Do this for both Management and Myphone Applications.

Next, Expand the IVR website and confirm that this is also set to the 3cx application pool by right clicking on IVR, Properties, Home Directory Tab, Application Pool and select 3CX application pool from the drop down menu options.

Save and try again.

If this is the case, please send us the 3CX Installation log file and the Wizard log file.

For 3CX installation log file do the following:
    Start / Run / type %temp% and zip the file 3cxInstallation.log

For the 3cxwizard.txt log file go to
    3cxInstalled location \3cxphonesystem\bin and zip 3cxwizard.txt.

ZIP both files up and send them directly to me at nb@3cx.com. As subject of the email quote: Server Error in '/myphone' Application_2003_APPPOOL

hope this helps...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jstottl

Thank you for responding.

In IIS, as you indicated may be the case, the managment, myphone and ivr were all using the "Default Application Pool"

I have corrected this and it resolves both issues.

-john

5. coatline

How can this fix be done running 3CX on Win XP IIS? It doesn't have the same options you described for application pools, and just typing in the application pool name doesn't work.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

IIS on xp is 5.1. This is very limited. In fact the concept of application pools does not exist.

However XP and iis 5.1 are mostly troublefree configurations. What problems are you experiencing on XP?

The only thing you may need to do in XP related to ASP is to go to Users and groups and create a new user
    ASPNET
    Add it as a member of group power users

After you do this restart the service IIS manager

7. coatline

I have it working again now. I installed .NET 2 SIP1 and rebooted and all was well.

Many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.