• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Server Event Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbongard

Reaction score
How far back are Server Event logs stored.
I wanted to check the logs two days back and could not seem to find any logs (when using the Binary log viewer).

Are logs one day old automatically purged? Can this setting be changed?

Server EVENT logs (not activity logs) are just a window to the Windows Event logs on that machine. You can go there to look for any problems

Ok. What about activity logs?

They go back for ages too.

Do you have logging set to Verbose?

There are all sorts of useful filters (dates, extensions etc.) that you can use too

No, I have logging set on "Medium". Unfortunately, I missed the little checkbox to keep backup of the log files for "x" number of days.

I have since checked the box and the log files should now be saved.

Unfortunately you missed the problem before - but you will have the logs in future if you ever have a problem.

Verbose is the only way to go if you want to solve any problems you may get, after the fact.

Yup, thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.