Server Failer

Discussion in 'Windows' started by brianp, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianp

Periodically on the 3CX 4.0 voip phone i get a "Server Failer" error when i dial out. We are using Tunnel to the v8 phone system (latest version). Anybody know what causes the failer? Typically I just restart the Phone and it works again...Any suggestions much appreciated.

EDIT: Moved from General section by Vali_3CX

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Brian

Brian, may you provide me 3CXPhone's tunnel log for such a situation? Commonly, it's situated in your user folder, such as
    C:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Phone\Logs\PhoneTunnel.log
    Attach it here or send it by PM.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brianp

Hi,

I checked the Logs folder and there is no PhoneTunnel.log file. In fact the folder is empty. I'm running on Windows 7. Do i need to enable logging some how?

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Brian
    Sorry, I forgot to tell this :oops:

Please stop the phone, then open its configuration file, located in your user's folder, such as
    C:\Documents and Settings\brian\Local Settings\Application Data\3CX VoIP Phone\3CXVoipPhone.ini
    There, under [General] section, check for a parameter named TunnelLog, and set it to 1
    TunnelLog=1
    Save and close the file then start the phone. When you will reach the "Server failure" issue again, please stop the phone and provide me the logfile - here or by PM.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. brianp

Got it. I set TunnelLog=1. I'll send you the log once I get the error again. Thank you!

6. brianp

Hi Vali,

I just got 3 Server Failer errors in a row today, starting at 10:21 am CST. Per your request, attached is the PhoneTunnel.log file. I had to delete half the file to get it under 256kb. I started at the top of the log. Hopefully there is enough to figure out why i'm getting the Server Failer. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!

EDIT: attachement deleted by Vali_3CX

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Brian

Looking on the traces, one thing is clear: PBX answer with "500 Server Internal Error" ONLY when 3CXphone calls 05807797900. What's so special with this number? May you tell me about its outbound rule/provider/PSTN? Somewhere there is the reason, not on the 3CXPhone side or PBX's tunnel.

Regards
    vali

P.S If you have access to the PBX, I recommend you to set it to dump debug info in VERBOSE mode, then check the detailed logfile, usually
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Logs\3CXPhoneSystem.trace.log
    and search there for 05807797900.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.