Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Server Failure?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Call or Registration to 480xxxxxxx@(Ln.10003@Patton PRI) has failed. [ V4 10.0.3.1:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=856 ] replied: 504 Server Time-out; from IP:10.0.3.1:5060

Call or Registration to 480xxxxxxx@(Ln.10003@Patton PRI) has failed. [ V4 10.0.3.1:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=856 ] replied: 503 Service Unavailable; from IP:10.0.3.1:5060

This is in the Windows log - 10.0.3.1 is my Patton Gateway to PRI circuit.

Where can I begin to look for the problem?
    This happens sporadically, then everything is ok for a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would seem that either the Patton is not receiving the SIP message, and thus not responding, or it does receive the message and, yet does not respond.

If the Patton has any logs, or has the ability to send logs to server, then that might be the way to go in trouble shooting. Other than leaving a data analyser up all he time, I'm not sure how else you would confirm where the problem is.

Did this just start, out of the blue? Have you re-booted the Patton? Any firmware upgrades available? Checked that the power supply is within specs, or just changed it out if you have a spare?

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So - turns out the failure was actually the phone company... inbound callers were getting an announcement stating "all circuits busy" which we didn't know about.

We rebooted the AdTran that is connected to the T-1 and it started working again. I called Century Link (on hold for 55 minutes) and they said there was a quick problem that for most customers was brief (15 minutes) so my rebooting the AdTran likely coincided with that. I told them I wanted a new AdTran because this is the 2nd time in 30 days that rebooting the AdTran fixed my communication issues. They didn't like that request.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.