• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Server Has 8GB of RAM However Only Showing 3GB Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonnyPeas

Free User
Reaction score
I created a Hyper-V VM for a test 3CX Phone System, The VM has 8GB of RAM allocated to it, and 127GB HDD space. However when I go into the 3CX management page it is showing me that 83% of RAM is being used with 1.79GB free. I've never had this issue before and have no idea how to fix this

Did you install the 64bit version of your operating system?

Reactions: LyonAdmiral
What does task manager show about the memory

Did you install the 64bit version of your operating system?

I have to concur, sounds most likely that a 32-bit operating system was installed in the VM.

3CX won't install on a 32-Bit os (since v12.5 it is 64 bit only).

Is the guest a windows vm? If so what does task manager show you for what's using the memory?

I am not 100% sure if a hyper has this but do you have dynamic memory allocation on?

Reactions: SonnyPeas
I am not 100% sure if a hyper has this but do you have dynamic memory allocation on?
That's exactly what the problem was

good that we found it! enjoy ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.