• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

server not browsing internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Reaction score
hi group

a friend of mine asked me to look at his 3cx windows 2012 server. it had been working for a year and now cant make calls or receive calls, always busy.

I looked at the logs and registration of sip circuit gives 408 error/timeout.

I noticed that the windows server will not browse the internet and i cant remember is this normal in other words does 3cx setup a tunnel taking over the nic.

I feel like if i cant browse the internet the 3cx wont be able to reach my sip providors url. can someone confirm that your 3cx server running on windows can or can not browse the internet.

thanks
al

Under normal circumstances there should be no issue browsing the net when 3CX is running. I suspect that something has been changed on the PC/server, or the network.

Go back through the server logs and see exactly when the issue began.

What else was happening at that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.