Server Reactivation problem with Hyper-v

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netelligence, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netelligence

We are having a problem that when moving the 3CX server, which is loaded on a Hyper-v installation, from one host to another it loses its registration status and has to be re-registered. After so many times of doing this 3cx has to reset the license count or whatever, otherwise it can't be activated at all.

Other than not moving the VM between hosts (which is one of the primary reasons to have VMs right?) what can be done to prevent this? I'm assuming that the registration is tied to network address or mac address or some other key that is tied to the host?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Netelligence

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

how often are you moving it and why? and with Hyper-V can you not give a NIC a static MAC Address to use as you "move" the machine?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. netelligence

This is a client of mine and I don't know how often or why. I'm also not a Hyper-v guru (more of a VMWare type of guy) so I don't know if one can give a NIC a static MAC address or how.

But do you think that is what is going on? Do you think the MAC is changing and causing the server to unregister? Or is there another possibility?

Thanks so much,
    Netelligence

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You must fix your Virtual Machine MAC addresses be static, by default Hyper-V is using dynamic MAC addresses.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

You must fix your Virtual Machine MAC addresses be static, by default Hyper-V is using dynamic MAC addresses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.