Server recommendations - DL120

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eQDoBBs, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eQDoBBs

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

What's the size of your system, i.e. how many simultaneous calls licenses you have ?
    DL120 should handle with ease 128 SC, depends on memory, codecs, etc.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inteq

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

This is helpful as a guide ...
    http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CX_Phone_System_Operating_System_Specifications.pdf

In general, the average 3CX server is pretty lightly loaded - But - if you are heavily into IVR, voice recording, and/or remote extensions - then I'd go up a notch ... This is because 3CX normally just handles SIP connections between devices, and backs out of the connection once the conversation is established - but these other app's are more processor intensive and if you under-spec' the server, you can get issues e.g. voice recordings with broken audio.

So - just a 'be careful' there and think about what you might be doing with your 3CX in the future, as it's not just about the number of simultaneous calls ...

Best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

what type of licencse are you going with 4sc 128sc etc... depending on your license and the usage it varies on the server best fit for each solution.In my experience in smaller deployments a small form factor is more than sufficient. I have clients with 8sc only using duo core processor 4g ram and cpu usage barely reaches 5% at any given time. no issues with call recordings etc.... I'd suggest adding an exernal drive for call recordings it will eliviate any memory issues in the futre and is very inexpensive.

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The server that you selected, as pointed out by Orlin, can easily handle a 128SC.

7. eQDoBBs

Hi

Many thanks for your responses. I decided to go for this, rather than a Micro Server, as for the price it is not worth messing around.

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.