Server sizing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wispa, Oct 1, 2007.

1. wispa

We are currently looking at 3CX to use as our IP PBX solution and would like to understand what information exists regarding sizing of the server to run this product.

We understand the base configuration as specified on the website but would like to understand what the cpu/memory/disk needs are for the various components of the solution.

For example, if we wish to support xx (e.g. 20) concurrent calls how much processing/memory is needed. If we wish to store xx hours voice mail, how much storage is required. Are there memory or other considerations when we configure groups, vmail services or other features that would have an impact on the service sizing?

Any pointers to documentation on the above or comments most welcome.

Regards
    Graeme

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

See this post

http://www.3cx.com/forums/categories-1/3cx-phone-system-general-1/hardware-requirements-1945/?highlight=cpu

And i think theres another one... ill post if i find...

Cheers

3. wispa

Thanks miraportuga, I looked through the forums before posting but obviously not that effectively.

G

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I was about to buy a cheap small desktop - AMD, 1gb ram and 2 hard drives using Vista Business. I think that would work very well. The 2 hard drives are to mirror each other for redundancy.

But instead I just ordered a new server for myself. Nothing special but a X2 - AMD, 4 gig ram, 3 160gb sata drives in a raid 5 setup and I will be putting MS SBS 2003 on it. (Or maybe 2008 beta and Exchange 2007). I'll add 3CX to this and I think it will be a great low budget server.

That's what I'd recommend for a business with about 20 users. Of course XP or Vista would also work very well. I've been demoing 3CX using my laptop running Vista and have no issues at all.