server to server call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,
    i've installed the 3cx Phone System on two server in two different networks.
    Is It possible to call an extention of server 1 from an extention of server2?
    Thanks

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi,

Theoreticaly - yes. To do this, you should define another 3CX PBX as external VoIP provider, but without authentication info. (I'm not sure if you can leave it blank, that's why I said - theoretically). The problem is that currently 3CX PBX doesn't expect that some external provider (even itself) will try to register on it. Meanwhile, it always tries to register on external provider. That's tricky.
    Than you should define outbound rule to map some dialled number to extension number on another PBX. Let's say, you may map dial "88xxx" to "xxx", and assign this rule to be routed thru that provider you defined for another PBX. So, when you dial "88100" it will call extension "100" on another PBX. Again, I'm not sure if it will work, but you may try.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ftarquini / archie:

Given Asterisk can do this, I'd like to see 3CX offer the same functionality too. I have clients that have muliple office locations and I'd like to be ble to offer them a solution for PBX-to-PBX comms (3CX-to-3CX and 3CX-to-Asterisk).

Let me know how you go with your 3CX-to-3CX testing. I'll try and put together a similar setup myself when I get time for testing as well.

I have a 3CX (beta3) and an Asterisk setup here, with numerous SIP, ATA, softphones and VOIP providers.

Cheers, Mark.

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

We have tried 3CX-to-Asterisk connection, and it works fine, although has some minor issues with call transfer. 3CX-to-3CX connection haven't been tested yet, and most probably it will not work, since we did not implement logic for this explicitly. But we will have this ability in the near future, for sure.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's good news Archie :)