• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Service Crashed, 3cx Lost Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCF

Customer
Reaction score
I noticed today in 3CX Phone that all of my phones were showing offline and in 3CX all 60 phones were showing as NEW. So I checked the server and sure enough there was a service that wasn't running due to failed authentication, which I believe happened after pushing out a new group policy, nonetheless I fixed the authentication issue. I then restarted the service but in 3cx it is still showing every phone as NEW. If I go to my Extension list the phones still show that they are provisioned with the correct MAC Address matched to each extension. I have tried rebooting the server but the Phones again still show as NEW.

The only thing that corrects the problem is walking around and manually unplugging each phone then plugging it back in, or rebooting the POE Switches that the phones are connected to.

Thankfully we are still in the testing phone this would be chaotic if we were live. Does anybody know;

1. Why the phones didn't link back up?
2. If there is a way to prevent this from happening or a fix?
3. If there is an easier way to reboot all of the phones from inside 3CX (Reboot is grayed out)?

A possible explanation is that the phones had not yet reached their registration expiration period and "thought" that they were indeed registered.

Presumably, had the phones reached their expire time they would have re-registered and over time would have recovered. By forcing the power down, you caused the phones to re-register.

I am a little confused about the discovery process seeing the phones, but not knowing what version of 3CX, which service failed to start or the amount of time that transpired, I suppose it possible that the stopped service caused the lack of a registration. Maybe if you had waited they would have come back......but you could look at the register time in the phone web interface which may give you an idea of how long they wait in between registrations.

The phones must be seen and registered to the system for the reboot function to have any effect (why grayed out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samuel_1997
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.