Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Service Pack Rollback

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

Hi,

Can i roll back to previous Service Pack? Does Service Pack includes on firmware backup?

Thanks,

STASH

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Hi Stash
    You would have to load a previous version of 3CX without the service pack, and restore your 3CX from a pre-upgrade back-up. What version of 3CX are you wanting to roll-back to?

best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

I have one client who is asking me if they update the 3CX v11 SP1 to SP3 can they roll back to SP1 in case they experience problem on SP3. I'm also curious if this is possible.

Thanks,

STASH

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

You can do it - but - you need to have kept the earlier 3CX software, as the link to the software download on the 3CX website is always the same link, but will always give you the most recent version to download i.e. unless you archive the software yourself, it's not easy to get earlier versions.

You may also have problems regarding the backup file ... It seems OK to upgrade 3CX then load a back-up, but I don't know how it would work if you downgraded 3CX then restored what would be a back-up created under a later 3CX version. To be sure - you would need to restore your configuration from an earlier back-up which was made under the 3CX version that you are downgrading to ...

I've had to do this once when I found that the back-up I had taken prior to an upgrade, was corrupt. It worked - but fortunately, I wasn't having to go back in history too far - and therefore, was not loosing any recent configuration changes ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stash

stash New Member

Hi Fox,

OK will take note.

Thanks,

STASH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.