Services fails to run on startup on Win 2003

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by opera01, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opera01

Why does e.g. 3CX phonesystem services and som other (not every service, but the most important services) FAIL to run when I start up the server?
    Before I log on, it says; "Error occured... Some services would not start up" (or something like that). So when i have loged on my Win 2003 server, I must start up the 3CX service manually. That works fine, but is very impractical... :)

2. Ads

Ads

Tricky to determine what could be causing this but ...

1. I had a similar situation on W2K3 caused by a flaky server ethernet cable (long shot).
    2. All the latest service packs and OS updates.
    3. Any Antivirus running - try disabling.
    4. Try a 3CX uninstall, 3CX installation checker (to ensure complete removal) and a re-install.
    5. Run MSconfig and temporarily disable any non critical 3rd party services and startup items to isolate potential causes.

Hope this helps,
    Ads.

3. opera01

Thank you...

4. mhanson

mhanson New Member

Did that work?

If it is services that are other than 3CX, like any Windows or 3rd Party services, I doubt it is a 3CX issue.

Step one should always be to check service dependencies and make sure those services are set to auto start as well.

Perhaps you could provide a list of what services do not start.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. opera01

There hasn't been a continuity in this problem. It seems to work fine now. Haven't done anything. Every service is set on automatically startup. If the problem continues, I will set the server to monitor the services.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.