Session Border Controller for Hosted Platform

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 20pav08, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 20pav08

Hi guys,

I was just wondering whether anyone has successfully used any SBC's with 3CX hosted phone system.

As you are aware when you installed hosted platform the SIP ports change from 5060 depending on which instance you have, so let's say instance 9 would have port 13060.

So now if you have multiple trunks from the same provider pointing to your ip and want them to go to different instances on the same server they would just need forwarding to different port.

I cant seem to find a solution which would work successfully with forwarding to different ports, they seem to be wanting to point to different internal ips...

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

2. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

Check out Voip Innovations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 20pav08

no joy unfortunately.. any other suggestions? nothing from 3cx themselves? :roll:

4. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

I'm guessing the part you are missing is that certain providers like VI allow you to insert a prefix into the dial string in both directions. For example, we use the PBX's port as the prefix - so inbound we look for a number like 706014155007575 and outbound we prepend 7060 to the dial string. This is also a nice security feature. Their ENDPOINTS also use IP:pORT though.

Go back to VI and look again. We have over 45 3CX PBX instances using VI with no issues.

ThinQ is another candidate is you don't like VI for some reason.

Best,

Kirk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.