set "away" status with phone with 2 lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by atahualpa17, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atahualpa17

we have a user (secretary) which answers to 2 lines configured on her Snom300; both lines are configured on our 3cx-phone-server; we would like her to set the user status to "away", as we configured a rule to move incoming calls to other phones when she's not there; due to complexity we don't want her to log-in to the web-manager of 3cx (which is not really user-friendly) and set her status to "away"; we told her to press *31 when she's away, and *30 when she's back; but it doesn't work very well, as only one of her lines are set to "away" (the first of the two extensions); how to set the second extension to "away" pressing phone-keys and not using webpages? (didn't find the answer looking through 3cx-pages)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that there is a second appearance, of the same extension, on a key on the set, and the "away" option takes affect only on the key it is activated from?

If an option, from another member doesn't present itself, then there is a simple solution,(not so elegant), as long as there is no one at the desk that would want to place outgoing calls from the set...simply power it down, and allow the forward when not registered option to be followed. Depending on how the set is powered, it could be as simple as a power switch mounted under, or next to, the desk.

3. atahualpa17

maybe it's not so elegant, but if it works, it would be fine!
    but I have a problem (due to my knowledge of the 3cx-system) ... I see forwarding rules for the status of away, out of office and so on ... but I don't find a "forward if not registered" option on the extension configuration;
    how should I do this? thank you!

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Had a quick look at a version 11, so version 12 may be different...under Phone is busy, it says if phone is busy or unregistered. So the "busy" routing will be used if the extension(s) is/are not seen as registered.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It is the same in V11.

Just for clarity sake and as leejor touched on-

1. Does the receptionist's phone have 2 appearances, both being set to the same extension?
    2. Does the receptionist's phone have 2 appearances, each associated to a different extension?

If #1 above and if possible, you might want to consider using the 3CXWindowsPhone. I have a number of phones of different make and models associated to the same extension. Several locations even have the softphone installed with the same. When a change is made to any of the softphones, the change impacts all "same" extensions hard or soft.

I am somewhat surprised that the dial code does not do the same....being that it is a the system level and specifically for a given extension. Never tried it though. However, guess I will now that you have me intrigued.

6. jasit

jasit New Member

k, here is a better then power down the phone solution.

instead of putting the extensions as destinations, create two queues, one for the first extension and one for the 2nd extension, now all the receptionist has to do is log in and out of the queue and it logs them into both queues.

using a queue you can also setup the forwarding rules individually.

Jasit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.