Set BLF keys via template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pukkainc, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pukkainc

Using Yealink T27P phones. I want everyone in the company to have certain BLF keys, like Page for example. Rather than do this individually in the extension settings, I assume I can do this with the provisioning template. I assume this is the correct place to do so?

{IF blf2}
    linekey.4.line = %%Line%%
    linekey.4.value = %%blf2%%
    linekey.4.pickup_value = %%PickupValue%%
    linekey.4.type = %%DKtype%%
    linekey.4.label = %%blffirstname2%% %%blflastname2%%
    linekey.4.extension = %%PickupValue%%
    {ELSE}
    linekey.4.type = 0
    {ENDIF}

If so, I am not sure what some of these settings should be? What goes in for line? How about type? I was able to see what some of the settings are by looking on the actual phone menu. But I can't get this working.

Any directions from our friendly experts here? :D

2. dig1234

There is documentation on Yealink support site but it's hit or miss. In this case your best bet would be to log into the phone interface get the BLF's setup on that particular phone then click over to the Settings>Configuration>Export CFG Configuration File and have a look at the changes you made.

I've used this method many times with success..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pukkainc

Thank you for that info. I was doing something similar but without the actual config file. That gave me the additional info I needed. Also, I was being a dummy and putting the info under the {IF} statement instead of the {ELSE} statement. Once I figured that out everything worked great.

Thanks again.

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

When I program BLFs in the template - I just remove the IF THEN ELSE portion and only have the programming info.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pukkainc

That's probably a good idea...to prevent peeps from overwriting the button. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.