set calls from bridge as internal

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by gieinf, May 25, 2016.

1. gieinf

It should be great that calls between 3cx servers through bridge could be treated as internal calls.
    Currently, bridged calls are treated as external calls, by forwading rules.

3CX servers linked together are more often connected as bridge because there are in the same organization, no ? so, the default behaviour shouldn't be internal calls between them ?

Regards,
    Yannick

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Could you please provide some more details as to what options/functionality doing as you suggested would be possible?

If it is just the way you dial the number, as it is now you can set the system up to call an extension over a Bridge in such a way that it is completely transparent to the person dialing.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is still the case - but the bridge calls look at the country code and strip the country code if the bridge extension starts with the country code. (in my case 1 for US)
    So a bridge call from ext 155 was coming in as ext 55.
    I had to go into parameters and remove the country code.

This was my experience about 15 months ago.

From users post it seems bridge calls follow the rules for external calls under the extensions instead of internal.
    Perhaps another tickbox is needed per Extension - set by user in 3cxPhone - "Bridge calls follow internal rules?"

Not sure what other benefits could be seen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Craig, I believe this has been fixed in V14 SP3, so this should not longer be an issue.

5. gieinf

Hi Nick,

Case explanation :

We have 3CX servers on 2 locations A and B. Same organization, and all users know each other, regardless site A or B.
    UserB on siteB received external call from customers. An external forwarding rules is set to send call to backupUserB if userB is not available. The internal forwarding rules redirect to voice mail if userB is not available.

When an internal userA call from siteA to a well-known internal userB on site B, if userB is not available, external forward rules applied. userA is a bit confused, because he try to reach userB, and it's userC who answers !... So userA call support team to explain something is wrong about phone system !

So a tickbox in bridge configuration (rather than in extension) like "Bridge calls follow internal rules" as craig suggested.
    An alternative could be a voice message indicating "userB is not available. Forwarding process is in progess", but should apply only to internal, not external, and it's lost time. So tickbox to allow bridge calls to follow internal rules instead of external rules is better.
    I think this tickbox should be a bridge configuration, not an extension configuration : if we configure an "internal" bridge and an "external" one, the forwarding rules of an extension must adapt to both type of bridge.

Regards,
    Yannick