Set default ringtone / alternate internal ringtone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nell1000, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nell1000

Running Cisco SPA 504G phones. Have changed the default ringtone on the phone but does not get applied when the main number/ring group is called. Have been searching but cannot find where I need to set this whihc I'm guessing is at the PBX end, users going mad. Is it also possible to set an alternate tone for internal calls does anyone know?

Many thanks,

Nell

2. ThomasN

Having the same issue with SPA504G running on 7.5.3 firmware. When changing the 4 lines their ringtones the chosen ringtone is only used on internal calls. The incoming external call is still using the standard "ring"tone.

3. chanmintun

I am facing the same problem in cisco SPA502g. Anybody can help?

4. naveensenapathy

Hi,
    I am also facing the same problem with spa 504g & spa 303. Anybody can help?

5. nac2

Same here on 525G2 phones. I still can't believe this isn't a straightforward item to accomplish. Clients are less than pleased since their ancient phone system had the ability to do this.

6. farsight

I can't be too specific as I use Grandstream.

It's in the provisioning file. Here is the text for that (in Grandstream):

#---------------------------------------
    # Disctinctive Ring Tone
    #---------------------------------------
    #Setting for distinctive ringing base on altert info
    #info=external -- call from external line (no reformatting has been applied)
    #info=international -- call from external line, reformatting detected international call
    #info=national -- call from external line, reformatting detected national call
    #info=local -- call from external line, reformatting detected local call
    #info=queue -- call from queue
    #info=ivr -- call from IVR

Note that you need to set the options to properly format the caller ID.

7. badsushi

I have been hammered on this to from my clients but have a working solution for Cisco SPA only -

Must have your firmware to 7.5.3 anything below this does not work.

Find the Distinctive ringing portion of your provisioning template - (Of course make a backup!)

Here is what i have in my template and it's working for outside calls - direct and to hunt groups

I really think this is all you need to change on the 1st line
    <Ring1 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">h=Simple-4;w=2;c=2</Ring1>
    this will change it to simple 4 which to me is the best one out of the bunch IMO but I have pasted everything i put in my template - Good luck and please let us know if it works for you!

#Distinctive Ringing
    <Default_Ring__1__ group="Ext_1/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__1__>
    <Default_Ring__2__ group="Ext_2/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__2__>
    <Default_Ring__3__ group="Ext_3/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__3__>
    <Default_Ring__4__ group="Ext_4/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__4__>

<Ring1 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">h=Simple-4;w=2;c=2</Ring1>
    <Ring2 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">h=external;w=3;c=2</Ring2>
    <Ring3 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">h=international;w=3;c=3</Ring3>
    <Ring4 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">h=national;w=3;c=4</Ring4>
    <Ring5 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">h=local;w=2;c=1</Ring5>
    <Ring6 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">h=queue;w=2;c=2</Ring6>
    <Ring7 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">h=ivr;w=2;c=3</Ring7>
    <Ring8 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=Simple-4;w=2;c=4</Ring8>
    <Ring9 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=Simple-5;w=2;c=5</Ring9>
    <Ring10 group="Phone/Ring_Tone">n=Office;w=4;c=1</Ring10>

8. edujim

badsushi,

I have the same issue in a lab environment with some spa508g's.

On your template you have Ext_1, Ext_2, Ext_3 and Ext_4 all have the Simple-4 ringtone, I'm guessing this is a spa504g?
    Would I have to add 4 more lines to the template to accomodate a spa508g?

<Default_Ring__1__ group="Ext_1/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__1__>
    <Default_Ring__2__ group="Ext_2/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__2__>
    <Default_Ring__3__ group="Ext_3/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__3__>
    <Default_Ring__4__ group="Ext_4/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__4__>
    <Default_Ring__5__ group="Ext_5/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__5__>
    <Default_Ring__6__ group="Ext_6/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__6__>
    <Default_Ring__7__ group="Ext_7/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__7__>
    <Default_Ring__8__ group="Ext_8/Call_Feature_Settings">1</Default_Ring__8__>

By your template does it also change the ringtone on ring groups?
    how do you specify a different ringtone for a RingGroup?

Would i need to change the portion that is in " " ?

The above changes you made to your template, are those Variables documented anywhere?

EDIT: if anyone knows what h=, w=, c=, or n= let me know.. if have been try to find the meaning of it.

Thanks for your input!
    ed

9. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I remember w= was "warble" off-hand.. it is documented at Cisco.. what joy.

To date.. I was not able to map out how a Ring Group comes across.. but I think it falls under one of the same types.. perhaps Internal. My client didn't care about distinctive ring.. just wanted the original tone back after hearing the "new" tone as set on the v11 template.

I know much of the settings like warble were effectively useless on the SPA504G.. though fancier models may implement them. I think I referred to the Cisco documentation to see what the values did based on the preconfigured ringtones on the handset. Then again, newer firmware availed newer ringtones..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.