• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Set hostname instead of IP address for SBC raspberry edition.

sv9080w3u02

Customer
Reaction score
hello,

in specific network, I do not have access to dhcp server and assigned the ip on the raspberrypi as static from the dhcp server. So, the raspberrypi will get a new ip each reboot from the dhcp server.
that's annoying.

under the 3CX -> "phone provisioning" , I am asking to add ability to set hostname instead of static ip address for the 3cx sbc debian strech edition.

I don't know if it's a good idea, you guyz will let me know :)

best,

upload_2018-9-5_8-43-26.png

Upvote 2
Hostnames would be nice. Currently you can use DNS names (3cx-sbc.company.local). If you have multiple locations hostnames could make the configuration easier.

e.g. 3cx-sbc and the DHCP and DNS are linked (Domain controller, FritzBox, etc.), the phones will find "3cx-sbc" every time in every network.

Reactions: sv9080w3u02
Hi,

this is a very similar feature request, but if you take a look at the details they are totally diffrent. The other request sounds like a management system for SBCs.

This request is about: "Please remove the ip/domain check from the text field inside the phone configuration"

So its a thing of removing a validation vs develop a SBC management system.

Regards

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.