Set me straight!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Roshen, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen

Hi all.

I have a question around the configuration of the gateway, particulary miltiple calls.

I want to use 1 skype account for outbound calls (so we only have to manage credit on 1 skype account ect)
    Currently if there is a call and i attempt another call the line is reported as busy.

I create another port on the gateway and a corresponding PSTN gateway on the 3cx.
    i then specify a 2nd route fo the 2nd call. (in outbound routes)
    this allows for 3 calls at once. throught 3 ports on the gateway configured with the same skype account.

I have 8 ports on the gateway, but 3cx only allows for 3 outbound routes = 3 similtaneous calls.

is there something i am missing in the setup here? i do see that the PSTN gateway can be set to allow more than 1 similtaneous call, but as the port is occupied in the skype gateway, it reports "busy".

I do not have a master skype account, will a master skype account recieve a call request from 3cx, then transfer it to 1 of the unoccupied ports (accounts) to make a call? - ie does the master skype port only transfer inbound calls to the "slave" accounts, or does it also do the opposite?

-roshen

2. Roshen

Never mind, I missed the obvious.

This is set when the gateway is set up from the PBX (Number of ports).
    Then on the Skype gateway, each port should register against the corresponding port in the PBX, and with the same skype user ID.
    Now the limit is the number of ports initially specified in the setup from the PBX.

-Roshen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.