Set outbound CallerId by dialed prefix

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael Darsane, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Darsane

Hello,

i did a lot of research the last 2 days but i couldn't find a solution for my problem.
    We using currently Sipgate Trunk (not Team) and we need an option to set a outbound callerid based on the dialed prefix.

For example we have 2 Numbers 06258555551 and 06258555552.
    When the user is calling a number with the prefix 51 than the callerid should be set to 06258555551 and with the prefix 52 the callerid should be set to 06258555552.
    We've tried a lot of combinations but we did not find a solution for the problem.
    I think there is a option missing that i can set the callerid in the outbound route instead of the trunk or extension.
    I would be very happy if someone has a hint for me how to resolve this problem.

best regards,

Michael

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

3. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Michael Darsane,

With 2 Trunks or more this would be possible, as you can select which Trunk you re going to use with a prefix, then for each Trunk have the default Caller ID you want to present. In order to have multiple caller id's more than one trunks is required.
    Kindly review the following link which has such an example: https://www.3cx.com/docs/multiple-outbound-caller-ids/ (same as Ineblett suggested)

In case 1 SIP Trunk is present, what you can do is assign to each extension one specific DID for Outbound calls.

Please note that these changes are VoIP provider specific.

Firstly, make sure if your VoIP provider allows you to send any other Caller ID than the one assigned to you. With that in mind, it would be best to first contact your VoIP provider and ask them if they allow this. If yes, then ask them to clarify in which SIP field they expect this information and then make the appropriate changes in the 3CX Phone System.

You can configure the outbound caller ID for the extensions under 3CX Console > Extensions > Edit Extension > Other (tab)
    • After you setup the Outbound Caller ID navigate under your provider, Outbound Parameters.
    • Under Outbound parameters, most of the supported SIP Providers are using the From: Display Name and From:User Part to forward this info.
    • For the Sip Fields From: Display Name and From:User Part (this will have to be verified by your provider as explained above) choose Outbound Caller ID taken from Extension

***NOTE: If these changes are not configured correctly they may break the functionality of the PBX and you will not be able to make outgoing calls.

4. Michael Darsane

Hi,

thank's for the fast replys. I have seen this tutorial but it doesn't solve my problem.
    We have to phones but 6 numbers, so i can only set up 2 outgoing numbers.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

At present, you could (if the calling set(s) allow), add a second line key to the sets. In the extension setting, on one key (extension), set the outgoing caller ID to one number, on the second key, put in the other number. The caller would then place an outgoing call using one line or the other depending on which caller Id they wanted to send.

the feature you desire, still says that it is in progress...

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/ability-to-set-a-caller-id-for-outbound-calls.42840/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.