Set Outside Office Hours Prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rsanchezffm, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsanchezffm

Hi everyone,

I've read the whole documentation from 3CX Phony System, but I'm still not able to set a prompt for Outside Office hours, the steps I've tried are the following:

1. Create a new digital receptionist with the prompt for Outside Office Hours.
    2. Create a new inbound rule based on the current Inside Office hours, but specifying the Office hours.

The rule is never applied, I guess because there's one rule created on top of that one. If I move the rule on top of the previous I described, the outside office hours is connecting always to the digital receptionist for that purpose, dismissing the rule for inside office hours.

What do I've to do to get it working? Is there any way to config my previous rule to check the office hours and connect to one digital receptionist or other?

Regards.

2. engin411

engin411 New Member

I only have one inbound rule per DID. The rule lists two different extensions based on office hours. During hours, calls go to 93. Out of hours, calls go to 89. I have 89 configured to do 3-4 various things based on time of day.
    Not sure if that helps you or not.

3. rsanchezffm

It's more or less what I want to setup. During inside office hours use the current configuration, and outside office hours go to a different digital receptionist informing the user that we can't attend the call.

So I guess that I've to uncheck "Apply the same routing logic.. blablabla" and then specify the office hours, after that, on the new "menu", connect to the digital receptionist with the prompt and that should work, right?

4. engin411

engin411 New Member

I believe so. I don't use DR anytime during business hours, so I'm not positive, but it sounds like what I have setup except I use an extension for more flexibility for evening after hours and morning before hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.